What Information Is Collected on the Website
- The Yellow Arrow collects the following information from you either during registration or as part of your use of the Website: first and last name, mobile phone number, email address, street address, password, and other information ("personal information").
- The Yellow Arrow may combine personal information that we have collected from you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- The Yellow Arrow automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- We may also gather anonymous information, which may be used by us or shared with third parties. This is information which does not personally identify you, but which may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. For example, we might tell its advertisers how many users visited a particular advertisement, and for how long, so they can measure whether the ad worked. This information is also used to generate advertising rates. Generally this information is collected through "traffic data" and may entail the use of numeric codes used to identify a computer.
- We may use the personal information that we collect from you as follows:
1. to use the information in connection with providing you services through the Website;
2. to protect the Website against unauthorized access by verifying the identity of users using the Website;
3. to improve the Website's content; and
4. to use your IP address (the number assigned to your computer while it is logged on to the Internet) to diagnose problems with the server or to administer the Website.
- The Website may place a small text file called a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive for record keeping or other purposes. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, many computers allow you to change your browser setting to prevent acceptance of cookies, but you may not be able to enjoy all of the offerings of this Website. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies.
- We also aggregate information we collect from you and other users to help us improve the design of the Website so that we may better meet the needs of visitors to our Website and to report on the status of volunteerism in various communities. The aggregate information cannot be used to personally identify you.
What Information We Share and Disclose
- We may share your email address with partners when you have agreed to receive communications from such partners.
- We may use your personal information to evaluate and display targeted advertisements to you.
- The Yellow Arrow permits users to submit personal information for use in our Membership section. This information is stored for the purposes of member self-publishing and interaction; we may also use this information to customize your experience of our website.
- By registering on www.yellowarrow.net and selecting a tag name and your geographic location, you understand that any other users may see that information.
- From time to time, we may send you e-mail or text messages regarding promotional activities, events, products or new and special features on www.yellowarrow.net. We will always give you the ability to opt-out of receiving these promotional messages.
- The Yellow Arrow does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or third parties or non-affiliated companies except when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
-- We may provide personal information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process and may disclose your information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
-- We may provide personal information about you in an emergency to protect the personal safety of users of our Website or the public.
-- If The Yellow Arrow is acquired by or merges with another company, we may provide personal information about you to the acquiring or, in the case of merger, to the surviving company.
-- We may provide personal information about you in the course of investigating allegations of misconduct or negligence on the part of any officer, employee, or agent of The Yellow Arrow.
Editing Your Personal Information
You can edit your www.yellowarrow.net registration profile at any time.
Yellow Arrow respects the sensitive nature of children's privacy online. We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under thirteen (13) years of age. We have implemented procedures so that if we obtain actual knowledge of a child's personal information we will take steps to delete that information.
When you purchase products on our website, we may collect personal information from you, such as your address, phone number, credit card or other payment information, or shipping information. We will not release payment information to third parties except as necessary to complete a transaction between you and such third party, or to otherwise fulfill your order. We will restrict the third party's ability to use such information solely for the purpose for which it was provided.
We may make various public forums (such as arrow journals (blogs), and user forums) and functions available to you. During these activities, you will have the option to add additional personal information that is beyond the information gathered at registration. Any information you choose to share when using any of these forums or functions becomes public information. It is incumbent upon you to exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose such information.
If you do not want us to use your information as described above, you may choose not to provide us with your information by not registering with us or by modifying your information as provided below. If you choose not to provide us with personal information, you will not enjoy all of the services offered through the Website. You have the following options for removing your personal information from our database in order to stop receiving future communications or to no longer receive our services:
1. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Send STOP to 67067
3. Send postal mail to Yellow Arrow, 307 W. 38th Street Ste 1815, New York, NY 10018 USA
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information we have collected about you, but these systems may not be completely secure from hackers, errors or interruptions in service. We use encrypted authentication technology when you login to www.yellowarrow.net in an effort to provide a secure environment that is protected from third party access, alteration, theft or misuse of the personal information you have provided.
For your convenience, we provide links to Websites operated by third parties, and users like yourself may post links in their profiles. We do not monitor the privacy practices of these linked Websites and do not exercise authority over such Websites. We therefore assume no responsibility for the privacy and data collection policies and procedures of linked Websites, nor for the content or reliability of such Websites. If you choose to access a third party web site linked to our site, you do so at your own risk.